Friday, October 22, 2010

Trisha Update III

I wanted to provide a bit of an update on the fundraising activity to support Trisha. 

Your gift is deeply appreciated.  Thank You!
Only seeing the ChipIn! gadget leaves the impression that not much has been raised, but in actuality a lot more has been happening.  My niece Jenny sent me the following email update a few days ago:

I really don't have a total $ amount, but I did update what I know. Last weekend some ladies from church sold bracelets as a craft show and brought in around $1300. They did really well!!! We made around $1500 at the first weekend show. Dad and I did a craft show in Bozeman yesterday, it was exhausting and very slow. Only made around $400, but that was more than when we got there!

I know we are at less than 1/3 of what we need... got a long way to go but have made great progress. We have been able to reimburse Lynda* and Steve for her week of donor testing in AZ, and that feels good. Don't think that they should be penalized financially in any way for what she is giving!!!

We have met many people that are in or have been in the same position as Trisha, it has been very inspiring!!! :) ** I look forward to the day where we can help others also. Some of the funds on the ChipIn! are also bracelet sales because it was easier for out of town people to put it there. Sadly, PayPal takes a percentage of the money raised through ChipIn!, so we do not want to deposit the money that is already given to us for bracelets there or we would just be losing some of it. I know that Lynz and Cretia just requested 100 bracelets, so that is VERY exciting, and will help us get that second batch sold!

 
I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I am just getting caught up on work and everything after being gone for a week. All 6 brothers and sisters met in Phoenix to visit Trisha along with Dad and Shirley.  Wish Trisha felt better, she was in bed for all of about 5 or 6 hours the whole time I was there (almost 3 days) :( Can't wait for all of this to help her out and for her to feel healthy again!

*Lynda – is Trisha’s aunt who going to be the live donor.  She lives in Hawaii, so here bills not covered by  airfare to and from at least a couple trips.  There is probably more that I don’t know of.  The funds raised are intended to cover both Lynda’s and Trisha’s expenses not covered by insurance or Medicaid.

**There is some hope that this fundraising effort can continue to help other caregivers and transplant patients in the same situation.

I have a few bracelets to sell, but I am really interested in ideas of how we can distribute bracelets to local businesses or to people participating in local craft shows.   If you have ideas, please let me know.

Here is the foundations Facebook page: ShareLife FaceBook

Short Video on Youtube: Trisha

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment