Friday, September 10, 2010

Remodel - Great progress.

 

In my last blog I wrote about how unexpected things come up and change the plan.  I talked about my oldest brother coming to town as a care giver for a liver transplant patient.  The benefits of this on the remodeling was that he helped my with taking out the sheet rock in the basement, so great progress has been made in the basement this last week.


Here are some before pictures on the basement:
 
















And here are some pictures of what it looks like now: 

We love the orange carpet so much, we decided to keep just as long as we can.  With it being down to the studs, with the dark paneling gone it is much lighter and airier in basement.  Can't wait to see it with normal walls (and updated carpet).

We are now ready to run the electrical, well ready as soon as we figure out what the hell we are doing.   I think we have the outlets, speaker wires, internet wiring and Cable TV wiring pretty much figure out.  That part was fairly easy.  Want to add a new circuit in the breaker box.  Looking to get some help putting this in, the rest of the wiring I think I can do myself.  

Lighting is appearing to be a bugaboo.  Their are so many options that it is bewildering to figure out what to do.  I guess we will be spending a some time in the stores looking at our options.
Great progress has also been made in the Master Bath.  The tiling is 98% complete and it looks great.  There is a little polishing of some end tiles and some chipping away of some grout so the toilet can get back in the then the tiling is done.

We used the epoxy grout so this should be easy to clean and remain looking great for years to come.  I'm excited to take a shower and try out the stones in the floor.
 


Next steps here:
  1. Finishing some taping and muddy near the tile.
  2. Install fixtures.
  3. Install the toilet
  4. Install a temporary shower curtain.
This would not get us complete, but would get us to the point of being able to use this room so that we could start on the main bath.

I haven't read these articles but they looked interesting.  And I plan to read them before going on to the main bath.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Epoxy Grouting

    ReplyDelete