Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 89 – transition – Back in the groove

Well the excitement of preparing for the interview has faded.  I hope the job comes through, but in the mean time, I ‘m back into the groove of searching.  I had actually been collecting Job requisitions all week, if the job title looked interesting I saved it, though I didn’t have time to read through it to understand if it a was the least bit relevant. 

I can generally find about 20 titles per day that I want to read through.  Some of these will be discarded within a first few sentences, others are read all the way through.  Often I will skip to the qualifications sections and see how close I am to the requirements; if I’m way off I will throw it out without reading any further. 

Simply Hired has a star rating system from 1 to 5 stars and not interested button.  I set the number of stars after I have saved the requisitions to my jobs, and have read through the requisition.  Then when I do other searches I can see that it has already been read and rated it.  This also helps me understand how far I got in a previous search.  I don’t use the Not Interested button because I can’t see it outside of the my jobs section of the web site.

Yesterday and today I read through all the requisitions that I had collected, and found two that were very interesting and that I will apply for and another 3 or 4 that I will review again before deciding whether to apply. 

****************************************************************

The news lately has been pretty good about the economy getting better.  The first two weeks of July were terrible for job listings.  This seems to be slowly changing.  Even Boeing is listing a few more jobs than they were.    I hope this means that it is finally moving into full recovery mode.

***************************************************************

Due to the interview, my attention move completely away from the remodel.  So very little progress has been made on the master bath.   I had thought we had the tile picked out, turned out we have a little more deciding to do, which is a good thing, the new tiles we are considering are very nice.

Not sure if we will get anything done this weekend, as it is looking like summer time fun will trump the remodel.  Next week I will be able to make some progress.   And then it will be time to prep for the next interview.  There won’t be as much available to review.

Today’s Quote:

Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.

-Chang Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment