Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 92 – Transition – thinking beyond

Ligaments of the ankle.
Image via Wikipedia
Minor set back in the physical health.  Had been feeling pain in my foot every once in a while when I was walking.  This weekend it turned into a more constant pain, mainly when I took weight off of that foot.  So today I went in to the doctor to find out what is going on.  It is not the bones, muscles or tendons, so he thinks the ligaments are inflamed.  I received orthotics for my shoes, and support for my foot that I need to wear when walking around.  No 5 mile walks for a while.  After a week with no walks and if it is feeling better, I can try a mile and see if gets worse.  If not I can build up from there until I’m back up to my old route.  I think I can still lift weights only one would effect that area.
____________________________________________________________

It hard to think beyond the interview I had last week.  I so want the job, that it is hard to keep fully concentrating on finding other jobs to apply for.  This weekend, I found a good one, wrote the cover letter and adjusted my resume.  This process seemed to take longer and had more errors due to my not concentrating.
Today I search through the adds, and there was a lot to look at.  It seemed like the number today increased significantly over what it has been available since the beginning of July.  Even Boeing had quite a few jobs.  For Friday at Boeing in Seattle I found 23 where it has been down below 5 on a pretty consistent basis.  Microsoft and Expedia also seemed to have more jobs listed.  These have consistently been listing a good number of jobs, but today seemed like there were more. 
I am hoping that this is a sign of the flood gates starting to open.  Corporations are supposedly sitting on a large amounts of cash.  Maybe now they will start spending some of it, and start getting people back to work. 
Even though the number of job adds was up, I couldn’t find what I was looking for.  Maybe as the week progresses.  
I have another interview scheduled.  Different that last week’s interview.  It is not until the 4th so I have more than enough time to prepare.  I think I will start seeing what information is available later this week. 

_______________________________________________________________
image
Trying something new for dinner tonight.  Lamb loin chops from Costco.  Not cheap but these sound delicious.
Found a Greek style recipe, with Baked potatoes and Asparagus and a salad.





Recipe from Ask.com
Herb and Garlic Lamb Loin Chops
This lamb recipe has a very Greek-style to it. These lamb chops are loaded with tenderness and flavor. Be sure to get the loin chops versus regular lamb chops.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
Ingredients:
  • 8 lamb loin chops
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:
Combine olive oil, thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip lamb chops into mixture to coat evenly. Cover chops and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Place lamb chops on grill over a medium high heat. Grill about 5 minutes per side. Chops should be browned on both sides.
The Herb and Garlic Lamb Chops recipe has an average rating of 5.0, based on 4 reviews.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment