Saturday, October 16, 2010

Remodel – Slow progress

It has taken a while to understand the best way to move forward on the electrical in the basement, but I think I finally have a handle on it and know how to proceed.  I was thinking that I would add a new circuit and pull a new line from the garage to the other end of the house in the family room.  Instead, I think I will be able to add on to the existing circuit that supplies our guest room.
I’ve also installed insulation in the laundry room, hallway, and in parts of the family room, though some of the installation in the family room will have to come out because in changes to how much new wiring we are doing.
Progress is coming in installing speaker wire for the surround sound system.  Here I want to mount all the speakers high on the walls with the majority of the wiring running in the walls.
The greatest progress has been made by my wife and her friend who put in a massive amount of hours last weekend to tile the laundry room and hallway.  It looks fantastic, well you can judge for yourself by looking at the pictures below.

Before:


IMG_3199


IMG_3203

Now

IMG_2796
IMG_2793
IMG_2797
Progress is going slow.  Looking for work and take care of the house takes priority and then comes working on the house.   We are steadily making progress albeit slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment