Monday, May 03, 2010

Day 10 – Transition - Drag

Applied for my first unemployment check today.  It took over an hour; I’m sure because I was doing it wrong, but each time I would do something (like change my address) it would make me wait 10 minutes until it could process the last action before proceeding. So, I would leave and do some other job searching, then come back and do some more unemployment applying.  I had to set up my address, automatic deposit, and then to the actual filing of the claim.  The filing a claim would normally take less than 5 minutes, it was just this first one that is complicated.

That confirms it, I am an official drag on society.  First check should be coming shortly.

Received information about cobra insurance from Boeing today.  It is near impossible to understand what they are trying to say.  It would be nice if before they sent out their insurance/legal-eese they would have a regular person read it and maybe convert it back to English; the language is just too obtuse for regular consumption.

I wasn’t able to find any jobs to apply for today, but I didn’t get through all that much searching.  I need to spend more time each day searching; the rest of the week should be fairly open for searching. 

Tomorrow will have meeting with the worksource people.  We will be talking about TAA benefits and what the worksource office has to offer.

My numbers are:

April 23rd LinkedIn group              24
Boeing Inside Jobs                        31 
Jobs applied for outside:               14 (+3) 
Interviews:                                    4 (+2 informational )Rejections:                                  35 (+3)

No comments:

Post a Comment