Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 33 – Transition – not Much

Not much to report today.  Did a little searching, applied for a job at Boeing.  Didn’t find much else. 

My daughter is home from school tomorrow, so we are going to remove the walls of the laundry room.  Doing it more to spend time with my daughter than needing to get this done.  I’m hoping that this is a benefit of being home, that I can spend some extra quality time with the kids. 

We are working on ordering shower and bath room fixtures before we can do very much.  That is about 6 weeks out, so may not be able to do much until we get a little closer to having the stuff arrive. 

Tomorrow we will have to take the washer and dryer out and then put them back after we get the mess cleaned up.  I thinking it shouldn’t take too long.

Did my weight lifting this morning.  In the past couple of weeks, I pushed a bit too much and started feeling an injury pain in my knees, so I back off some of my leg weights.  My knee is hurting much less now.  When you are lifting you are trying to get to a point of feeling burning pain in your muscles.  This is different than the injury pain that I have been feeling.  It is like hearing a real rattlesnake, you know immediately that this is a rattlesnake.

Stretching is an important part of getting fit.  I have been stretching in two ways.  The first is a Yoga, well it was yoga when I learned it, now I’m sure it has morph into something that no one with knowledge would call yoga, but I still do.  It is just a short routine based on a salute to sun.  The second stretching I do in the hot tub after working out.  Both of these are helping and I have noticed that I’m stretching much farther now.

Which get us to tonight’s quote:

"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape."

-- Unknown

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment