Friday, April 02, 2010

Day 42 – Warn Notice – Long live the Queen

Good day today, though I didn’t make it out to get exercise. 

I went through my company searches and ended up applying for two at Boeing, one at Amazon, and another at Expedia.  And also found another job that I hadn’t listed but had applied for at Amazon last week.   I have added a sheet to my spreadsheet to track applications.  I’m working with this for a while and then I will republish it once I see that is it worthwhile.

As the time passes and I get closer and closer to the end of the 60 day warn notice, my personal nervousness has increased.  The feeling of anxiety goes up with each passing day, and I have been looking at the jobs already applied for hoping to hear something.  I'm thinking of that gal in the commercial from a few years back saying “Open, Open, Open”--she is so excited to get into the store.  My mantra is “send me status, send me status, anything just some sort of movement.”  Rejections are at least some kind of movement.

Well, I just have to get over it.  I looked at the data for how long it takes for a position to be filled and it is over the 60 day warn notice to get word of an offer.  So more than likely, I won’t hear much until after my layoff date.  I hope other companies are faster, but I doubt that they would be fast enough to fully triumph over my anxieties.

Received another pleasantly unexpected call from a friend today; this one wondering if I would consider relocating.  I’ve been avoiding this because our roots are so deep here.  My daughter is still in school and my son is going to college, so we didn’t want to upset things if we didn’t have to.  But this one concerns a possible year or two year assignment in England.   After talking this over with my wife and running it by my daughter, it could be done in the sense of an adventure.  The timing and the economy could work well together.   So we are open to it. It could be quite an adventure.  Long live the Queen.  I don't know if there are jobs here, but I'm open to my resume being circulated and then who knows.

I would like to knock off early today, so I’m trying to get this written and posted so I can play the rest of the night.   Have a great Easter Weekend.

Tomorrow: Search and Apply

inSite Group                                 56
Jobs applied for:                           34
Rejections:                                   12
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                     1

3 comments:

  1. if you decide NOT to go to England, let me know. i could use the adventure. '-)

    [not sure whether I'm kidding or not.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind, Matt. Thanks for continuing to keep up with the adventure, I have valued your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look familiar Chris, are you with EO&T?

    ReplyDelete