Thursday, April 08, 2010

Day 47 – Warn Notice – Nada

Didn’t spend much time searching today; had other things that I needed to get done; and I was amply rewarded without finding anything to apply for.  It has been a hard week for me to remain focused on job searching.  Things are changing at the homestead because my wife is getting ready to head back to the employed ranks.  This will mean that I will have to start doing much more around the house.

I have also been spending more time thinking about what I need to accomplish before leaving Boeing.   I have personal files on my laptop to save.  Need to get a new laptop and software so that the files I’m using still will work.  I need to find a cell phone using the employee discount for the last time.  The stuff at my desk has to be cleared out.

I need to charge as many medical expenses as I can against the flexible spending account.  As long as you don’t exceed the yearly amount you signed up for the expenses will be covered.  Expenses after the layoff date are not covered; any left over money in the account is lost after the 23rd.  I’m thinking about getting eye glasses and a new CPAP machine.  The risk is that I will start buying stuff and then find a position in Boeing at the last minute.  Then we have to go the rest of the year without coverage.

Adding a new metric in my numbers, the number of members of the April 23rd Networkers Linked In group.  This seems like a good start.  I expect more people to join this than the inSite group.  Also adding a check box comments gadget, please let me know what you think at the end of the post.  I don't get to know who has replied, I just see the totals.

Received a late night reject email from a position at Boeing tonight though I cannot find where it has changed my numbers.  It is going to be hard to keep track of things once they start dropping off the end of the table of jobs I have applied for.  I guess when I leave Boeing everything will change when I become an outsider applying for jobs from outside the firewall.

Tomorrow: More searching and try to find at least a copy jobs to apply for.

inSite Group                                 57
April 23rd LinkedIn group              20
Jobs applied for:                           35
Rejections:                                   15
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                     1

No comments:

Post a Comment