Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 52 - Warn Notice - Changes

Spent the weekend not doing job searching.  While I can’t say I was completely away from dealing with the change due to the warn notice, almost all the weekend was taken up with other matters.  It was nice to get away from it a bit.

Even though the layoff date is still over a week away, many changes have already happened and many more are starting right now.  My wife is heading back to work; its been a blessing that she could find something in this economy and this will help immensely as we go forward.  But it also means another level of change that we have to go through.  I will now try to take care of the dinners and grocery shopping.  I pity my family for having to eat what I come up with.

The blog tonight is being typed on a computer that I just bought tonight.  Leaving Boeing has necessitated getting a laptop for personal use.  This is causing me to also learn new software.  I’m using MS works instead of MS word.  Our other computers all have Word; I’m not sure if we will upgrade this one.  Hopefully, this won’t take too much time to configure and learn the different software.  And hopefully, I won’t have to change a lot of files that I already have in order to continue job searching. 

The next purchase would be a cell phone and this will come with it own set of changes.  A new set of configurations to set up and new set of software to learn.

Through each of these changes comes a lot of learning.  This whole warn notices process has lead to tremendous amount of learning. 

Today, I found three positions within Boeing to apply for.  And in my searches outside, I found a few positions of interest that I will follow up on tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is the last layoff briefing before the layoff date, so I’m planning to attend that for the second time.  Thinking it would be good to review this information one more time before the date actually comes; just to make sure that I haven’t missed or forgotten something of importance.

Tomorrow - Layoff briefing, complete searching from today.

inSite Group                                 58
April 23rd LinkedIn group              21
Jobs applied for:                           37
Rejections:                                   16
Interviews:                                    1

No comments:

Post a Comment