Thursday, April 08, 2010

Day 48 Warn Notice – two weeks to go

Today my boss gave me the paperwork for having two weeks to go.  Tomorrow is the actual 2 weeks, but getting it today meant I didn’t have to drive in for a meeting.   It was the same papers that I received 47 days ago.  This was just to reinforce that the paper work needs to go in or it could cost me the severance package.  Everyone should have already sent this in.

I put out another version of the job search spreadsheet.  I searched the network and found a few sheets that I added to it.  It has a little bit of data in it as an example.  Job Search spreadsheet V2

Next Tuesday is the last Layoff briefing before the layoff.  I’m going to plan on going so I can get any information that I missed the first time.  Here is the information for the meeting:
      April 13th
      SALARIED SESSION
      Bellevue, Bldg 33-05.2
      Conf Room 21D4
       9:00 – 11:30 a.m. PT

I was sent a good article about using LinkedIn.  You can see the article here:  Linked in Bible from CIO magazine.

I’m a bit bummed tonight.  The job that I was most excited about at Boeing looks to be closed and I was not called.  Well, I’ll have to find something better.

Yesterday, I added some controls to this blog that show up at the end of posts.  Please check the box that best matches your thoughts on the post.  Thanks.

inSite Group                                 58
April 23rd LinkedIn group              21
Jobs applied for:                           37
Rejections:                                   16
Interviews:                                     1