Monday, March 01, 2010

Day 10 – Inside Applications

Today, I applied for 12 jobs at Boeing.  Not sure if I am qualified or even if I want some of the positions, but thought I would let them sort out if I was qualified and would put off the decision on whether I was truly interested until making the next round.   With a resume in the system it is all dependent on my resume and internal profile, no cover letter needed.  This makes it pretty easy to apply.  Part of routine will become checking on these jobs and for any new postings.

The rest of the day was spent answer emails, networking, and with the time waster of filling out a yearly Performance Management, a Boeing Job requirement that each employee has one of these on file.  My manager would get dinged if I refused to complete this task.   I guess some body's box can now be checked off.

Tomorrow, I attend a layoff briefing put on by HR, then Wednesday go to a resume writing workshop.  Couple other meetings connecting with friends this week.  I will update resume based on the workshop and then be trying to get some applications outside the company for the remainder of the week.

Emotionally, the tides of last week have pretty much settled.  Feeling overwhelmed at times, because I have lots to do and what seems like little time to get it all done.

                 inSite Group: 40 members
           Jobs applied for: 13
                     Rejections: 0
Job Posting withdrawn: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment