Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 23 – Warn Notice – Family Day

Another day of rest, mostly, last night I started to search for jobs on LinkedIn, Craig’s list and the Gate’s foundation.  Started created links that I could put in my bookmarks so I could  return to them quickly.  I’m imagining that I will get to the point where every morning I am running through a list of sites looking for job hits.
 
When I asked for recommendations on LinkedIn, I received back an offer to write an article.  Thinking this would take a long time to complete, I started this late last night and ended upgetting so excited to see what I would write that I stayed up way late finishing it.  This morning I went back and did final edits.  We will see if they still want to publish it after they have a chance to read it.

Lifted weights at the Y today, attended an indoor soccer game of my daughter’s, talked to my son at college who we never hear from, and had a nice time watching the movie with my wife—it was family day.  We watched the Time Traveler’s Wife, which was a better movie than I was expecting.

I also have started a new book this weekend called The Big Leap: Conquer your hidden fear and take life to the next level.  It is about how our own limiting beliefs hold us back from what we are capable of.  This seems like the perfect time for this book to arrive in my life.  It is by Gay Hendricks, I’m less than a quarter of the way through and really excited to complete it.

Tomorrow:  Putting structure to my job search.

No changes in the numbers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment