Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 31 Warn Notice – In the Grind

Began the second half of the 60 day warn period today.   I’m spending a lot of time in the searching, but I’m afraid the grind that I’m going through isn’t as productive as it could be.  I need to start paying attention to how much time and effort I’m spending on each task.  It is easy to go to one company and spend quite a bit of time and then leave with no job applications entered.  I need to apply my process knowledge and then my process improvement knowledge to speed up the value of my process.

It was another day with nothing to apply for at Boeing.   I’m going to move this search to the end of the day.  It seems that jobs can appear at any time and instead of going in a few times a day, I might as well just look once.  

Found a job at Microsoft and applied for it today.  It looks like it would be a good job that would use my skills well.

Thought this quote that I found today was applicable to the job searching:
             “Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do.”  Gerry Sikorski

Tomorrow: Improve search process; find 2 jobs to apply for.

 inSite Group                                53
Jobs applied for:                           22
Rejections:                                    7
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                    1

No comments:

Post a Comment