Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 35 – Warn Notice – A dip in the road

Didn’t seem like I got anything done today or at least it didn’t seem that I worked at it very hard.

I went into the office, cleared out some of my desk items, and reviewed some of the awards that I have received over the years.  This process of review spanned the time at the office and later at home as I examined the certificates and added them to my portfolio.  There was something about this process that left me melancholy.  Somehow thinking about accomplishments and the people that I had teamed with to do those accomplishments caused me to reminisce over my time at Boeing.

I did apply for a couple jobs at Boeing today, but I didn’t search outside.  And I started thinking about what other things that I need to get done before leaving Boeing.  Getting the rest of my stuff from the office; getting set up computer wise; getting insurance set up; and thinking about what other things I need to. 

Part of this melancholy is because it has been three weeks since I had the interview and I haven’t heard anything one way or the other.    This has been on my mind; even though I know that it is still within a reasonable time frame for a response.   I believe that I will hear one way or the other; I’m just not being very patient.   

Tomorrow:  Searching and catching up on emails.

 inSite Group                                52
Jobs applied for:                           25
Rejections:                                    7
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                    1

No comments:

Post a Comment