Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 24 - Warn Notice – Searching

Today was focused on internet job searching.  There are many ways to find jobs out there.   I am  assuming that the ultimate technique will involve having a list of companies, job aggregator sites, and major job sites that I run through each day to find matches. 

From these matches I would need to possibly send a cover letter and resume, or depending on where the job is listed just apply electronically. 

According to one book 53% of internet jobs are found through directly linking to a company’s job site.  And there are thousands of these in the Seattle area.   Compiling a list of companies in the area, I will start with my most hopeful companies and figure out how much time I have to search and apply.

I’m also compiling a list of search terms to find the right terms that bring up the jobs that I’m interested in while minimizing the number of entries that I have to wade through.  This is going to take some learning on my part and is bound to be complicated by the use of different word in different companies for the type of job.  I figure after seeing a few thousand job postings, a feel for what ones apply to me should become apparent.

Tomorrow: Continue to build my search criteria and hopefully apply for jobs.

 inSite Group                                51
Jobs applied for:                           18
Rejections:                                    6
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                     1
No new internal jobs to apply for.

No comments:

Post a Comment