Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 30 Warn Notice – Keeping my eye on the ball

Thirty of the sixty days have come and passed.  Only thirty more days to go. 

When I learned to juggle it was about paying attention to the balls in the air.  Your hands will go to the proper place if you can see the arc of the ball.  The balls that I’m throwing into the air now are job applications.  They are harder to pay attention too because they float in the ether for a while, and maybe you get a call back to set up an interview or the ball just disappears without a sound.  I keep trying to throw more and more balls up into the air so that I see the arc coming down.  The hope is that my brain will have enough time to get in position for the catch.

Today, put my resume on a couple more jobs sites, looked at many, many job postings and ended up not applying to any.  I also pulled on a friend for some information about their company.  My searching is getting more refined.  Will try using one or two standard search phrases and look how at how they compare in bringing up good jobs.

I don’t know how I am to keep my eye on the job searching ball when the Basket ball is being tossed around at March madness.  I had one eye on my searches and one eye on the games, both sides probably suffered from partial attention.

Today I have felt calm and tired; I thought I would be more worried at the half way point but I’m not.

Tomorrow:  Apply for one or two positions, start creating a searching order, and call for an information interview.

Numbers – No change today.

No comments:

Post a Comment