Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 19 – Warn Notice – Looking Good

More studying today, I focused on the general preparation.  Looked at a couple books and looked at some of the types of questions to expect in an interview.  Boeing’s process is highly standardized and there is quite a bit of information.  The Career Transition Services website details the process and suggests the process for preparation that should be followed.  I reviewed all of this and I think I’m in pretty good shape though I also feel test anxiety.

I also attended a webinar today by the Vice President of the organization that I’m interviewing with.  This was important, in big projects like these the support of the top management is important; this has gone a long way to ease some questions in the back of mind.

Then tonight I went out and bought some new trousers and a shirt.   Silly in a way, but I didn’t want to go interview thinking I hadn’t done everything possible.  I know that my clothing isn’t the crucial factor, the answers I give and the match between my skills and the job requirements are much more important.   And I didn’t want it to be a negative, something that distracted from my answers and the match up.

Tonight we are watching the movie “Up In The Air”.  George Clooney is a hatchet man, who is hired to come in a tell people they are laid off.   The scenes of the firings, while really a side note of the story line,  caught my attention and pulled me in, reigniting some of the emotions from before, nothing major just twinges.   Not a movie I would recommend.

Tomorrow: Some interview prep, meet with a friend for lunch, and then the interview.

 inSite Group                                50
Jobs applied for:                           18
Rejections:                                    4
Job Posting withdrawn:                   1
Interviews:                                     1

No comments:

Post a Comment